Manager of Programme Quality
ZOA supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. With 900 employees and (local) partners ZOA is active in Africa, South America, the Middle East, and Asia. When a disaster of crisis occurs Dorcas provides humanitarian assistance and supports communities to rebuild themselves. Simultaneously Dorcas invests in sustainable solutions for poverty and social exclusion. With a staff of 400 and with (local) partners Dorcas is active in Eastern Europe, Eastern Africa, and the Middle East.
As of 2022, ZOA and Dorcas have established a partnership in South Sudan, integrating operations into a joint working organisation: ZOA Dorcas South Sudan. The purpose is to achieve greater impact for people in need.
ZOA Dorcas is looking for a
Manager of Programme Quality
Our work in South Sudan
Our programmes focus on FSL, WASH, Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Entrepreneurship, and Peacebuilding. Inclusion (gender and disability) and localisation are crosscutting themes. When possible we aim for an holistic approach by integrated programming. We work in Jonglei, Western Bahr El Ghazal, Warrap States, and the Greater Pibor Administrative Area, and plan to expand to more geographical areas. The current annual budget approximates USD 6 million.
Your main challenge in this role will be the development of high quality proposals! As Manager of Programme Quality you don’t shy away for a lot of writing and donor liaison, on the contrary, it gives you a lot of energy and satisfaction. Besides proposal writing, this position is responsible for high quality of programme implementation and programme evaluation including MEAL. You will be the line manager for the Programme Quality team consisting of one MEAL Coordinator (based in Juba) and MEAL officers at programme level.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Advise and support on developing the Country Strategy and Annual Plan;
- Ensure quality and consistency of programme and project planning, including advising and supervising project managers on quality outputs/outcomes;
- Ensure adherence to internal and external integrity, policy and guidelines for project implementation standards;
- Supervise the development, implementation and ongoing use of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) tools and beneficiary accountability tools;
- Responsible for partner assessments and developing capacity development plans in close collaboration with the PGMs and Director of Finance.
Portfolio development & grants management
- Lead the development of high quality (innovative) proposals
- Supports with report reviews and submission of timely, high quality reports to donors,
- Monitors consistency between donor proposals and Country Strategy.
- Contribute to the development of organisation wide knowledge management including uptake of lessons learned from project and programme evaluations
Leadership and management
- Member of the country management team;
- Provides leadership to the Programme Quality team.
- You are expected to fully support our vision, mission and core values.
Knowledge & Experience
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field. A degree in one of the key sectors of work of ZOA Dorcas South Sudan is an advantage;
- At least five years field experience in a fragile context;
- Strong proven experience in the development of proposals with institutional donors; experience with the EU and UN organisations is considered a plus;
- Proven project/programme management experience, esp. in FSL, Peacebuilding and WASH sectors;
- Affinity with localization, gender mainstreaming and disability inclusion;
- Fluency in English and being able to write convincingly;
- Research skills.
- Logical thinker;
- Strong formulation and writing skills;
- Project/Programme management and implementation skills;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- This posting includes field trips up to 1/3 of the time;
- This is a non-family duty station;
- R&R is applicable for this position.
ZOA Dorcas offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical and other insurances, housing, training options, 29 leave days).
ZOA Dorcas South Sudan operates under the registration of ZOA. Therefore, this position is contractually with ZOA. This posting is open for candidates accompanied by a partner, but not suitable for families with children.
Do you need more information?
Would you like to know what’s like to work for ZOA? Visit our Career Page and read the stories of possible future colleagues!
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Arno van Turennout, HR Advisor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested and ready to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via this link Manager of Programme Quality. You can apply until 26 June 2023.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed.
Please note that we carry out background and reference checks (including COTER – Counter Terrorism check) for all candidates as part of the recruitment process. As ZOA and Dorcas participate in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment).