Humanitarian Assistance & Recovery Cluster Lead
For those in need! We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis! Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
In situations of poverty, exclusion and crisis, we create opportunities for disadvantaged people to flourish. We work in Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Middle East, where we reach about one million people every year.
Are you an experienced team leader and a strategic networker within the Humanitarian Assistance & Recovery field? Or do you have expertise in partnering with humanitarian aid donors and are you looking for a new challenge? Then read on, because we are looking for a passionate and results-oriented
Humanitarian Assistance & Recovery Cluster Lead
32- 36 hours a week
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Purpose of the role
As a Cluster Lead you will support the colleagues of our country offices reach people affected by crises and disasters and coordinate our rapid response together with the Humanitarian Assistance & Recovery (HAR) team members. You will be given the ownership and space to coordinate the organisational cluster which consists of seven Humanitarian Aid (HA) professionals.
As our new HAR Cluster Lead, you will be part of the Programme and Knowledge Support (P&KS) department. You will be in charge of leading the HAR team members and coordinate the HAR related external relations (networks, partners and donors).
In this challenging position, you will be responsible for:
- Coordination of Dorcas participation in Humanitarian Assistance related alliances and networks such as the Dutch Relief Alliance, Christelijk Noodhulpcluster and Start Network.
- Managing the relationship management of HA donors.
- Providing the country offices with HAR expert support.
- Advising and supporting the HAR team members in their assignments.
- Coordinating the knowledge development on Humanitarian Aid & Recovery programme concept and HAR contribution to the wider Dorcas programmes (for example Nexus programming).
- As Cluster Lead you support the P&KS Manager to ensure alignment of plans within the P&KS department.
- Leading the Dorcas rapid response process (including allocation of funds).
- Representing the HAR Cluster in collaborations with other departments within the Dorcas international office as well as country offices.
- Providing strategic advice to the International Management Team and the International Council.
- You have a master’s degree, preferably in the field of Humanitarian Aid.
- You have working experience in humanitarian aid or international development cooperation and with the related institutional humanitarian aid donors.
- You have strong written and oral skills in the Dutch and English languages.
- You have experience with developing and shaping goals and strategies at an international level which can guide the organisation.
- You bring knowledge and expertise in leading, developing and writing project proposals for humanitarian aid donors, often in cooperation with multiple partners.
- You are an excellent networker and have experience in leading a (complex) cooperation of multiple partners.
- You have experience in leading a team, coordination and work delegation.
- You are proactive, flexible, innovative, culturally and organisationally sensitive and you enjoy working within a diverse team.
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct *.
What’s in it for you?
Working at Dorcas means above all taking action together for people in need. This challenging and responsible job offers you the opportunity to make a positive difference and impact people’s lives. For this position we offer you:
- A good salary ranging between min. €3.909, – and max. €5.096,- gross per month (full-time, 36 hours), good working conditions, including a non-contributory pension.
- Flexible working hours and home office allowance.
- Professional development budget.
- 8% holiday allowance (of total gross salary).
- Professional, enthusiastic, and driven colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad.
Step forward and take the opportunity! We look forward to your application! Send your motivation letter and resume no later than September 29th 2023 to the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions related to this position you can reach out to Anton van Wijk – Humanitarian Aid Expert – at email@example.com or at the phone number +31627304025.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.