“We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!” Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day. Are you a dedicated professional who knows how to lead a multi-stakeholder project to success? And would you like to work for an international, inspiring and dynamic aid and development organisation?
For our Program & Knowledge Support department we are looking for a:
Humanitarian Aid Expert
specialised in Cash and Voucher Assistance
FTE: 0,8 – 1,0 (32-40 hours per week)
Starting date: As soon as possible
As Humanitarian Aid Expert specialised in Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) you are responsible for the management and implementation of a cash innovation project. You appreciate variety in your work, both in your tasks and in the stakeholders you interact with, and you are up to a challenge. You get inspired by learning and by the flavour of innovation. You want to contribute to shaping the future of CVA.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You contribute to the realisation of an innovative cash project in which Dorcas works together with several other humanitarian organisations, the “scaling 121” project. You bring in your CVA expertise as well as project management skills.
- Based on available data you write several case studies regarding organisational obstacles to scaling CVA.
- You contribute to development and implementation of an organisational roadmap to address obstacles to scaling CVA in a to be selected country.
- You contribute to development of an easy-to-use tool how to develop a qualitative CVA program.
- You contribute to the development of a cash Information Management training and (co-) facilitate this training for consortium partner and their local partners.
- You contribute to the use of innovative cash tools (121 tools) in the implementation of cash projects in one or several Dorcas country offices.
- You contribute to the quest for a sustainable (business) model to make 121 tools long-term available in the humanitarian sector and facilitate scaling.
- You are responsible for the implementation of the project according to planning.
- You coordinate with consortium partners.
- You report to the donor.
- You organise the external evaluation and contribute to the organisation of the external audit.
- You have >5 years’ experience with cash program management in humanitarian settings, including the use of various digital tools.
- You completed a relevant bachelor’s education or higher, for example in the field of humanitarian aid, international development, business development and/or information management.
- You have experience with organisational change processes related to digitalisation and innovation.
- You are self-organised and function well in intercultural multidisciplinary teams.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English.
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct*.
What is in it for you?
We offer a rewarding and challenging position within a mission-driven organisation. Your work setting is international, inspiring and dynamic. You become part of an organisational cluster with five humanitarian aid professionals and work closely together with professionals from organisations. You will receive a salary of maximum € 4.210,59 per month (on fulltime basis) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive working from home policy.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile and are you interested in this position? We look forward to your application! Convince us in your cv and motivation letter that we should hire you. Do include in your motivational letter how your Christian faith motivates you to work with us.
Send your motivation and resume before July 27th to Natascha Gendi, Program & Knowledge Support Manager, at email@example.com. For questions about the procedure and/or position you can reach out to Natascha Gendi at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +31637353005.
This vacancy is posted internally and externally at the same time. In case of equal suitability, preference is given to internal candidates.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to live and work in The Netherlands by the start date of the position.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. Read our Code of Conduct.