We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. This is how we follow Jesus Christ.
We are a Christian organisation and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission.
The Finance department is looking for an enthusiastic:
Scope of employment: 40 hours a week
Commencement of employment: a.s.a.p.
To be stationed in Almere, the Netherlands
The Financial Officer supports rapid response regarding financial and organisational aspects and is responsible for monitoring and analysing the financial administrations of the Dorcas Country Offices and the Dorcas projects. In addition he or she carries out the international treasury policy, as well as various activities connected to project administration and administration of the Country Offices.
The financial officer will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and analysing the (project) administration kept by the Country Offices.
- Temporary performance of the local financial officer if needed.
- Providing an assessment of and input on budgets.
- Drawing up financial (project) reports, including proper analysis, recommendations if possible and/or the financial reports from the International Office.
- Carrying out the international treasury policy and performing internal audits on Country Offices and partner organisations.
- Advising in recruitment, job familiarisation, training and coaching the Financial Officer at the Country Offices.
- Asses and analyse budgets and financial reports on compliance with directives of Institutional Funding.
- Acquire, maintain and share knowledge of compliance with directives of Institutional Funding.
- Assist in or set-up local administrative organisation and related internal controls in case of Relief.
- Bsc degree in financial control (SPD or comparable level) and a thorough understanding of the financial and administrative cycle;
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to analyse financial figures rapidly.
- Proficient in rapidly analysing financial figures.
- Proficient in working under pressure.
- Proficient in setting the right priorities.
- Proficient in taking the proper decisions based on the information gathered.
- Knowledge of financial compliance for important IF funds such as DRA, Echo, USAid, Start, and suitability to work with these funds
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Dutch.
- Adherence to the mission and vision of Dorcas.
- Active membership of a local church.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and educational position within an organisation with a mission. Your work environment is international, inspiring and dynamic. You will work in a committed team. The position is classified in scale 9 (a minimum of €2,722.55 to a maximum of €3,879.91 ) and you will receive good secondary employment conditions (including a working from home scheme, travel allowance and a non-contributory pension).
Information and application
Does the position appeal to you and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Are you enthusiastic about our mission and would you like to commit yourself to it? Send your CV and motivation letter and convince us of your suitability and enthusiasm. We would also like to read what motivates you to start working for us bases on your Christian faith.
Send your application before May 5th 2021 to email@example.com, for the attention of John Wolff, Finance Manager. For questions about the procedure of position, please contact Jedidiah Bijlsma, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this vacancy.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. Read our Code of Conduct.