Expert Entrepreneurial Livelihoods
“We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!” Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you excited about entrepreneurial livelihoods and supporting countries in programmatic development from humanitarian to recovery and development context? We are looking for a:
Expert Entrepreneurial Livelihoods
Almere, 32-36 hours a week
Purpose of the position
As an expert in inclusive entrepreneurship and livelihoods in recovery context you will advise countries, particularly in the middle east, in strategic portfolio development. As thematic expert you are part of the Programmes & Knowledge Support department consisting of 20 staff. Together we assess contexts and opportunities, attract resources, develop partnerships, design theories of change and develop programmes.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide support and technical advice to our country offices on entrepreneurship, livelihoods, climate adaptation and multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Provide our country offices with functional expertise, operational advice and support with project development, implementation, learning and evaluation.
- Provide strategic advice to specific countries (mainly Middle East) on programmatic development, positioning, and track record development for external funding.
- In cooperation with country and international office colleagues, you develop new combinations of thematic approaches and financing instruments for implementation and partnerships.
- Jointly develop best practices and learning materials and participate in face to face and online exchange and learning.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of entrepreneurship, livelihoods development.
- Expertise in climate adaptation approaches and nexus programming.
- Relevant and minimum 5 years international programme management experience, preferably in-country experience.
- Experience in developing programmes in the international development sector in a multi-stakeholder context.
- Proficiency in initiating and managing diverse relationships and stakeholders.
- Effective advisory, collaboration and facilitation skills that lead to achieving results.
- Experience in training and coaching.
- Strong written and oral skills in the English (and preferably Dutch) language.
- Affinity with international development cooperation or humanitarian assistance.
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct*.
What’s in it for you?
- A challenging opportunity to work on systemic change that really includes and benefits people on a personal level.
- Together with your colleagues in Almere and our country offices, you work on providing those in need with viable entrepreneurial opportunities.
- A rewarding position in a professional, dynamic and international humanitarian aid and development organisation.
- The position is classified in scale 10 with a minimum of €3.285, to a maximum of €4.927, based on a 36 hours schedule.
- You will also receive good secondary employment conditions (including a working from home arrangement, travel allowance and a non-contributory pension).
We look forward to your application! Send your motivation letter and resume before May 18th, 2023 to Natascha Gendi (Manager Program & Knowledge Support) using the email address email@example.com. We will review the application as soon as possible. Please note that for this position we look for candidates who live in the Netherlands. For questions you can reach Natascha Gendi at +31637353005 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.